RIC Statement of Faith
1. We believe in one God, eternally existing in three equally divine Persons: the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. This one true and living God is worthy to receive all glory and adoration.
2. We believe that Jesus Christ is the Head of the Church, and that all believers stand before God on an equal basis.
3. We believe in the complete deity and the complete humanity of Jesus Christ.
4. We believe that we are all sinners needing a Savior, and that salvation is only and altogether through simple faith in Jesus Christ, who died for our sins, arose and intercedes for us.
5. We believe that good works, while not necessary for salvation, naturally result from the Lordship of Christ in our lives.
6. We believe that a Christian is one who has experienced the new birth or spiritual regeneration, accepting Christ as Lord and Savior.
7. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the believer is enabled to live a godly life and empowered to be a witness for Jesus’ glory.
8. We believe in the resurrection of the body and the personal second coming of Christ to judge the world.
9. We believe in the Bible as God’s Holy Word, which is our guide and final authority in all matters relating to the Christian faith and life.
10. We accept the Apostles’ Creed as being a correct summary of Biblical teaching.
The Apostles’ Creed
I believe in God, the Father Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth,
And in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord,
Who was conceived by the Holy Spirit,
Born of the Virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate,
Was crucified, dead and buried; he descended into hell;
The third day He rose again from the dead;
He ascended into heaven, and sits on the right hand of God the Father Almighty,
From there He shall come to judge the living and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Spirit, the Holy Universal Church,
The communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins,
The resurrection of the body, and the life everlasting.